Gas pilots can now experience the ease and efficiency of Evolution Engines. Our new line of reliable gas engines is purpose-built to provide the same no-fuss flying that Evolution is famous for. Superior porting technology and a proven new electronic ignition system ensure easy starting and extra convenience. The Walbro carburetor is preset at the factory, so you never have to waste valuable flying time messing with it. Plus, everything needed to install the Evolution Gas engine is included.
Evolution makes gas flying easier and more fun. Step up today and add Evolution Gas Power to your models.
The new purpose built Evolution 58GX provides the power you need for those big 27-33% models. Thanks to the Electronic Ignition, just a flip or two of the prop, and the Evolution Engine is ready to fly.
- Easy-to-start electronic ignition
- Superior porting - high power
- Specially engineered for ease of operation
- Preset Walbro carburetor
- Same no-fuss reliability as Evolution's glow engines
- Includes everything needed for installation
||3.60 cu in (58.19 cc)
||1.65 in (42.00 mm)
||1.65 in (42.00 mm)
|Engine (Only) Weight:
||1820 g (64.2 oz)
||M10 X 1.0 mm
||Mejzlik 24 x 10 @ 6,900
||22 x 10 - 26 x 10
||1,000 - 7,500
||Gas/Oil mix 40:1
||243 x 78 x 140 mm
||8.5 hp @ 6950 rpm
We have recently discovered that the latest batches of EVO 58cc engines have arrived with a carb assembly that requires a slightly different base-line hi-speed needle valve setting than is called for in the instruction manual.
For best results, are recommended baseline settings for both the Hi-Speed and Low-Speed Needle Valves on the Carb of the 58cc engine is 1-3/4 turn open from a fully closed position.
1) During disassembly of the Evo 58GX please note that the screw retaining the connecting rod is a left hand thread. This is to prevent loosening caused by the normal rotation of the engine. It is important to loosen the screw by turning in the correct left hand direction in order to remove it.
Evolution 58GX Installation in the Sukhoi ARF